It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Chapter 1, Page 30, Book 13



The greatest discovery of my generation is that man can alter his life simply by altering his attitude of mind.

William James

Today's word:

Discover

Find something or someone unexpectedly or in the course of a search.
Become aware of a fact or situation.

It has occurred to me that every day is filled with treasures and in order to discover them, we only have to look around us.  So often we whiz right by something so valuable and miss it entirely.  We easily overlook a multitude of things to find simple joy in.

I've had days when I've wondered why I bother with a totally useless task when I know there are many more worthy things I like to do.  I've discovered the things that bring me happiness, yet I'll wind up doing something that makes me terribly unhappy.  I know I'm happiest in the winter time being warm and cozy, yet I'll force my self to go out to events where I find myself cold and miserable.  

Like everyone else, I make mistakes, but I'm am discovering, that I can do better.  We all know deep down there are different things that excite us and passions that we wish we had more time to explore, people we wish could spend more time with. I believe that when we focus on and spend time on what truly matters, it does truly matter.

When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life.

Jean Shinoda Bolen

6 comments:

Sr. Ann Marie Slavin said...

I love your posts because they're always so positive and uplifting!

linda m said...

Thank you for the great post today. I guess I will just have to try harder to do things that make ME happy. Blessings

jack69 said...

You are opening new thoughts with these words. I never thought too much about what we discover every day.
Good as usual lady stay warm. We are dropping for a couple days but back up soon.

That corgi :) said...

Another great word with discover. I think the learning process is a great way to discover things every single day indeed. I know I discover new things pretty much daily with words in doctors' reports and I seem to discover lots of delicious recipes online (of course full of too many calories :)

enjoy the day!

betty

Bobbi and Gracie said...

What a wonderful bit of wisdom!! Thank you!

Chatty Crone said...

You know Pam and I said this before and I will say it again - this is true - but it seems it goes on deaf ears to some and it is repeated to others.