It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, January 28, 2013

Chapter 1, Page 28, Book 13



The 10 commandments for a long and peaceful life

Thou shalt not worry, for worry is the most unproductive of all human activities.
Thou shalt not be fearful, for most things we fear never come to pass.
 Thou shalt face each problem as it comes. You can handle only one at a time.
 Thou shalt not cross bridges until you get to them, for no one yet has succeeded in accomplishing this.
Thou shalt not take problems to bed with you, for they make very poor pillows.
Thou shalt not borrow other people's problems. They can take better care of them than you can.
 Thou shalt be a good listener, for only when you listen do you hear ideas different from your own. It's very hard to learn something new when you are talking.
 Thou shalt not relive yesterday, for good or ill it is gone. Concentrate on what is happening in your life today.
Thou shalt not become bogged down by frustration, for 50% of it is rooted in self pity and will only interfere with positive actions.
 Thou shalt count thy blessings, never overlooking the small ones for a lot of small blessings add up to a big one.


 Today's Word

Peace 

Freedom from disturbance; quiet and tranquility.

For the most part I do live a peace filled life.  I really don't like it at all when someone or something tries to steal that peace away from me, so I try to make certain that in what ever circumstances I find myself in I can keep peace in my heart.

It's so very easy to become upset over what others say and do.  But I try to never let others control my state of mind.  You can imagine that with a large family like mine, there could be lots of things to fret over or worry about, but knowing that the good Lord is in charge, I do try to leave it up to Him to take care of things.


For peace of mind, we need to resign as general manager of the universe.

Larry Eisenberg

5 comments:

linda m said...

Some very good words to live by. Thank you. Blessings

jack69 said...

Eisenberg has the right idea. I lost the last comment it was too long anyway...
Yep very good advice and thoughts here.
((HUGS))

That corgi :) said...

I like that not to take troubles to bed with you because they don't make good pillows; I'll have to remember that one Ma! All got "thou shall nots" to live by!

betty

Martha said...

Love these commandments. Funny that you mentioned that about your large family. I've often wondered how you seem so peaceful all the time when I know there have to be constant worries, etc. with such a large family! They are lucky to have you!!

Chatty Crone said...

I try not to take my worries to bed. Sometimes I do. But I try to imagine a worry tree next to me. I put each worry one by one on the tree. I tell myself it will be there the next day. If it is important it will be there - if not they go away... sandie