It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Chapter 1, Page 26, Book 13




The watchword for the future: Enjoy yourself.
 
Thornton Wilder


Watchword:

A word or phrase expressing a person's or group's core aim or belief.

Sometimes it is a good idea to have a watchword.  A word we that permeates our lives because we are looking at it every day. The fact is that as we think, we do.  For years I had a little sign on my desk that simply said 'SMILE'.  And every time I looked at it, I did smile.  Sometimes we let our minds go off track and if we have a WORD, like this it helps us to refocus and get back on track.


Today my word is ENJOY.  Tomorrow I'll probably choose another one. But you can be sure it will be a good one.  One that encourages, inspires, or delights!

4 comments:

jack69 said...

good idea, one word sometimes makes all the difference.
We got cool last night, but we can count on it warming up in the sunshine state.
Stay warm.

Carol Z said...

Enjoy is my word for 2013. I keep a little sign on my dresser that says "faith," as a 365 day watchword.

That corgi :) said...

I like the watchword you chose and have chosen in the past with smile. My definite watchword this year is patience and it is amazing how much I'm seeing it mentioned in my Bible reading these days :)

betty

Chatty Crone said...

I like your watchword.

My is a watch verse. His grace is sufficient for you Sandie. I have it everywhere.