It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Chapter 1, Page 24, Book 13




A healthy mind has an easy breath.  

Author Unknown


As I took a deep breath the other day, I thought about how good it made me feel.  And very often if I breathe deeply when I'm up set, it will calm me down.  To take a breath is to live, yet we very often forget about what a blessing it is.

More than one time in my life I've almost forgotten to breathe.  Those moments when the air seemed to be sucked right out of me.  There've been times too that I couldn't simply get enough air.  The fresh air in the country on a spring morning smells so good you just cannot breathe it all in.

There are some days that my breathing is more huffing and puffing when I've made too many trips up and down the stairs here.  But I'm still breathing and I'm so thankful for it.


He lives most life whoever breathes most air.  

Elizabeth Barrett Browning

4 comments:

linda m said...

I love to take a big breath when I am walking. Just filling my lungs with fresh air gives me a lift. Blessings

jack69 said...

I sat here and took some deep breathes, good feeling.
You have described situations that are common to man, but we forget them.
Thanks lady, stay WARM ((HUGS))

Kath said...

Well suffering from COPD Ma,you can imagine how much it pleases me to get a breath of fresh air,when I can.Since New Year came in and my last Hospital stay,just before Christmas.I have made it in my way, to go a walk each day, to just do so.Even in all this snow I have managed to get out on a short walk for that much wanted fresh air.It's wonderful,for which I say Thankyou day and night to the Good Lord for.Take Care God Bless Kath XXX

That corgi :) said...

It does seem as we age that we huff and puff at times indeed! But you are right, always good to still have the ability to breathe!!

betty