It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Chapter 1, Page 23, Book 13





It snowed and snowed, the whole world over,
Snow swept the world from end to end.
A candle burned on the table;
A candle burned.

Boris Pasternak, Dr. Zhivago 

I don't know if you ever saw the movie, Dr. Zhivago or not, but if you did you couldn't forget the snow they had.  It was way above and beyond anything I've ever seen.   

I'm so thankful that although we've had some new snow and bitter cold temps it hasn't been that bad.  The sunshine has even, on occasion, peeped out from behind the clouds and lent us a little warmth.  A very little I might say.  

These days of winter the sunshine gives us a optimistic feeling much more than actual warmth.  

4 comments:

linda m said...

Very little snow here. I remember all the snow in Dr. Zhivago. Blessings

jack69 said...

Funny you mention Zhivago and the snow, but that is all I remember, THE SNOW! Thou art insightful. LOL
cool here for Florida, 47.
Stay warm up there and Close the door!
(((HUGS)))

That corgi :) said...

I didn't see Dr. Zhivago, will have to catch it sometime to see that snow. You are right, Ma, a sunny day in winter, no matter how cold the temps, does give us a sense of optimism. Hard to believe that January is almost over, spring will be here so very soon!

betty

Chatty Crone said...

I saw it so long ago I forgot it! But I do remember the snow in there and the cold!