It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Chapter 1, Page 2, Book 13




Let this coming year be better than all the others. Vow to do some of the things you've always wanted to do but couldn't find the time. 

Ann Landers

9th Day of Christmas, January 2nd.

One of the greatest gifts I've received is that of my children.  In a recent phone call from one of my sons, I told him just how proud I am of him and of all my children.  They are just about the best kids anyone could have.  Being a mom and now a grand'ma' too, I just can't be thankful enough for all the joys they have brought me.

Teach us delight in simple things.
 Rudyard Kipling
Children do live in a simple world, they delight us with there smiles and laughter and  sometimes teach us more that we teach them.    They live in the moment and have few worries about what tomorrow will bring.  

I think that in order to live a full life, we must be like a small child and delight in the moments as they happen.  They too are gifts and ones that will endure.

Taking the time to see the wonders in each day will make for a much happier year for us all.

I hope you had a very Happy New Years Day.  The picture above was of the ones of my family that helped me celebrate the  New Year.

It depends on us. . . Another year lies before us like an unwritten page, an unspent coin, an unwalked road.  How the pages will read, what treasures will be gained in exchange for time, or what we find along the way, will largely depend on us.        

Esther Baldwin York


5 comments:

linda m said...

Children and Grandchildren are life's greatest gift. Blessings

That corgi :) said...

I like that quote about the new year; good advice to start out this new year!

Looks like a wonderful celebration you had to welcome in the new year Ma!! Such a great family indeed to be proud of!

betty

jack69 said...

Methinks you are absolutely right:
.....we must be like a small child and delight in the moments as they happen. .......

You say it well.
Loved the post and reminders of what family is, if we can just remember..
((HUGS)) from Wauchula, Florida. (In the boon docks)

Martha said...

Love everything about this Ma - the quotes, your words and you beautiful family that celebrated the new year with you. Wishing you the best year ever ((hugs)) :)

Linda :) said...

Your family is wonderful!! :)