It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, January 18, 2013

Chapter 1, Page 18, Book 13




Life is a miracle
Don't let it slip away,
Open your heart to others
Give of yourself each day.

See the beauty in everyone
Regardless of where they've been,
Some have a difficult journey
And really need a friend.

Share your gifts and talents
Listen with your heart.
Do the things you dream about
But don't have time to start.

Pick a bouquet of flowers
Show someone that you care,
Be gracious and forgiving
Life is never fair.

Hold on to your courage
You may need it down the road,
We all have a cross to bear
It could be a heavy load.

If you practice all these things
No matter where you roam,
You may find both sun and rain
But you'll never feel alone!

Author Unknown

I've found that living by myself at my age isn't an altogether bad thing at all. I've grown to appreciate the quiet times I have.  There are whole days when I do nothing much but read a good book.  There are also days like yesterday when I set myself goals and find myself on a completely different track.  I said that I wanted to clean the countertops off, what I wound up doing was cleaning a closet out.  This closet is supposed to be a coat closet but because it is in the kitchen, lots of things are stored there besides coats.  My larger pots and pans that don't fit in the cupboards are stored there along with light bulbs and paper towels and tissues.  

The good news is that I found I have an abundant supply of paper towels that I didn't even know were there.  The bad news is the countertops still need to be done.  But I do have plenty of paper towels now to get the job done!

I keep busy and life continues to throw me off track, sometimes more so than others. Thankfully there are days when my world is filled with good times with family and friends to keep me accountable.  I love those days too, but am thankful also for the days to muddle about in my own little world.


The happiest of all lives is a busy solitude.  

Voltaire

6 comments:

linda m said...

You sound like me - trying to stay busy. Blessings

That corgi :) said...

What a great find when you found the paper towels, Ma. I know I'll do the same with something and completely forget I had that thing. Always a blessing, I think to find something unexpected like that.

Hope today is a good one!

betty

Barbara said...

Always a good feeling to get jobs like this done.

Sr. Ann Marie Slavin said...

I love it when I can get some quiet time alone--not any easier in a convent than with a large family! The sisters laugh at me because I sometimes appear too happy when I'm going to be the only one home for an evening--or maybe for a day!

Chatty Crone said...

Your life sounds nice - where you can king of be busy and yet pace yourself. Hey I cleaned three months ago - sorry everyone missed that too! lol

jack69 said...

WE must be some kin. That is the way our lives go. Plan one thing and do another. It is really sort of fun.
We are chilly here, not freezing but we done a little walking at WalMart and won't be out today here i the park...
((HUGS)) from Wildwood..