It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Chapter 1, Page 17, Book 13



Forget about the days
when it's been cloudy,
but don't forget your
hours in the sun.

Forget about the times
you've been defeated,
but don't forget the
victories you've won.

Forget about the mistakes
that you can't change now,
but don't forget the lessons.

Forget about the misfortunes
you've encountered,
but don't forget the
times your luck has turned.

Forget about the days
when you've been lonely,
but don't forget the friendly
smiles you've seen....

Forget about the plans
that didn't seem
to work out right,
but don't forget to
always have a dream.

Author Unknown 

The start of a new year always brings a sense of expectation. We hope things will work out for us, hoping to change something in our past or we resolve to try something new. Here we are already past the midway point of January.  It's time to think about how we are doing with those resolutions.

It seems to me that radical sweeping changes rarely work, but one small positive change can make all the difference. Today is a fresh start and a new beginning.  Nothing matters more than what happens today.

I try to set little goals each day here at my house.  Today I would like to clear up the kitchen counter tops that have accumulated too much stuff and maybe finish up a project that I started before Thanksgiving last year.  

My formula for living is quite simple.  I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night.  In between, I occupy myself as best I can.

Cary Grant

5 comments:

linda m said...

Small steps and one at a time are what I try every day. Blessings

That corgi :) said...

Cute quote of Cary Grant's. I do agree, small steps are the most effective. Its like when someone tries to lose weight; they give up everything at the same time, but if they just did one small step, eliminate one thing one week,another thing another week, all those small steps wound eventually pay off.

Kitchen counters are great for accumulating things; ours are always in need of sorting through and disposing of things. Good luck with your projects for today.

betty

jack69 said...

As always something to snk your teeth in. I have not read that prose by Unknown, He or she always seems to write well!

Like your life philosophy, but Cary's ain't bad.
HUGS from Wildwood. Stay warm..

Linda :) said...

With the year in full swing, I haven't had time to even ponder on my new year's resolutions... I'm taking each day one at a time but they are flying already... :)

Chatty Crone said...

It is our choice isn't it - to decide what to remember and what to forget!