It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Chapter 1, Page 12, Book 13



A traveler crossed a frozen stream
in trembling fear one day;
Later another drove across,
and whistled all the way.
Great and little faith alike
were granted safe convoy;
One had pangs of needless fear,
the other all the joy.

Author Unknown

Faith is a very important part of my life. Because of my faith, I've learned to be thankful for everything.  I've learned to cope with the difficulties of life.  Faith endures.  It is something that never truly goes away.  Some talk of loosing faith, but I think in the long run, once you have it, it is always there.  Sometimes it might be stronger than at other times, but it's still there.

One of my favorite sayings is to 'keep the faith'.  My children have heard me say it often. 

Things don't always happen as we like them too, but faith shows a way to keep on going.  Believing something is one thing. But the best things only come when you decide to be living it.  

Faith is the power that turns the invisible into the visible. 

Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith. 

Steve Jobs

5 comments:

That corgi :) said...

That was a pretty picture with the snow, Ma! I do agree of the importance of faith; it is the one thing that sustains me many a day!

betty

jack69 said...

Like the frozen stream illustration. My first impression was a smile, the worried guy was 'southern' the confident guy from the north. WE do not trust ice here. hahahaha

FAITH IS THE SUBSTANCE ....
(((HUGS))

jack69 said...

Like the frozen stream illustration. My first impression was a smile, the worried guy was 'southern' the confident guy from the north. WE do not trust ice here. hahahaha

FAITH IS THE SUBSTANCE ....
(((HUGS))

Chatty Crone said...

I have to agree with you - faith is critical even when you don't necessarily feel it - it is there. What would we do without it Pam...

Linda :) said...

I'm holding very tightly onto faith... Have a blessed Sunday! :)