It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, January 11, 2013

Chapter 1, Page 11, Book 13



Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come.

Author Unknown

Isn't it true that decisions we make in haste are usually not the best ones.  Waiting a while is most always the best.  Winter is here and for me and it means I'm waiting for those storms to pass.  Thoughts of spring are often in my mind.  This year is going to be very different for me as I won't be going to my camper come April.  For a good 6 months of the year that used to be my home away from home.  I spent many happy hours there, close to nature and close to some of my family members too.

What I'll be doing with my time, now that I don't have a place to go to after winter is over, is a mystery to me.  It may be that I'll just enjoy staying at home, working in my yard.  I really can't imagine.  Winter is a time for patience.  Waiting isn't easy, but the storms will pass and  no matter what, spring will come again.

On a slightly different note, did you know that there are some ways to ward off the colds and flu that often accompany winter. These are simple ideas can boost your bodies healing ability.

Drink lots of water
Use a humidifier
get plenty of sleep
Eat well
Add some spices to your food, 
eat Yogurt
Wash your hands often

I'm going to try very hard this year, not to let winter get me down.  I'll wait and be patient.

Remember:

One kind word can warm three winter months. 

Japanese Proverb

4 comments:

linda m said...

You are so correct about not making decisions in haste or when you are in a down mood. Thank you for the post. God bless you.

jack69 said...

Ahhh how the changes of life takes us on many side roads. We often think of the friends on our early camping years and the pleasures derived from them, we still miss them.
I love the proverb. I believe there is a lot of truth there...
Yep, timing of decisions makes all the difference..
Love from The Peace.

That corgi :) said...

I love that advice about never make a negative decision in the low time. That is great wisdom the unknown author gave us. It will be different for you come spring, Ma, but I bet it will be a great season of learning new ways to spend the time at home, in your yard, in your community, etc., since you've been "away" from it for a few summers when you went to the camper. I bet lots of opportunities away for you in just a few months!

Great things to do too to avoid getting sick. I know the flu is hitting hard in lots of states! Wise to be precautionary with illness.

betty

Linda :) said...

I'll miss Camp Rainey but look forward to your new adventures... I eat yogurt every day and take my vitamins and I have not been sick in years, however I never get to call out sick from work, lol...
Happy Friday! :)