It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Chapter 1, Page 10, Book 13


Living One Day At A Time

Our lives are made up of
a million different ways.
Some are spent searching for
love, peace, and harmony.Others
are spent surviving day by day.

But there are no greater moments than
that life, with all it's joys and sorrows,
is meant to be lived one day at a time.
It's in this knowledge that we discover
the most wonderful truth of all.

Whether we live in a forty room mansion,
surrounded by servants and wealth,
or find it a struggle to manage the
rent month to month we have
it within our power to be fully
satisfied and live a life
with true meaning.

One day at a time we have that ability,
through cherishing each moment
and rejoicing in each dream.

We can experience each day anew,
and with this fresh start we have
what it takes to make all our
dreams come true.

Each day is new, and living
one day at a time enables us to truly
enjoy life and live it to the fullest.

Author Unknown

Living one day at a time is the best way I know to live.  I can't do a thing about what happened in the past, but maybe learn a lesson or two.  And I have absolutely no control over what is going to happen tomorrow.  

Right now, today is what I've been given.  I may not have a tomorrow, so today I'm giving it all I can.  I'm going to enjoy it to the fullest.  

I've never before seen what I will see today.  I'm not going to have the experiences I'll have today again.  We only get one chance at today.  Today may not be good, but there is some good in every day so I'm going to look for it.

Most of us have promised ourselves to get a grip on loosing the time that we can never get back.  Some how the needless and not so important things creep back into our lives again and they do steel our time.

We shouldn't just be counting the days, but making every day count!

Don't be fooled by the calendar.  There are only as many days in the year as you make use of.  

Charles Richards

5 comments:

linda m said...

"Living one day at a time is the best way I know to live. I can't do a thing about what happened in the past, but maybe learn a lesson or two. And I have absolutely no control over what is going to happen tomorrow." This has become my motto, so thank you for posting this today. God bless you.

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness Ma I so agree. I read a long time ago a book by Norman V. Peale and I didn't spell that right - and he said to live in day tight compartments and I have never forgotten that. sandie

That corgi :) said...

I like that not just counting the days, but to make sure each day counts with how we live. It is a gift to be able to live just one day at a time; I know I struggle with that always thinking about tomorrow, but definitely the Bible says to not worry about tomorrow, it will have enough troubles of its own; so I'll try to enjoy this day indeed!

I know you will Ma!

betty

jack69 said...

I love it, you express life well and give me a smile as I read, asking myself, why didn't I think of that.
Yeah Sweet MA! Thanks again.

I finished my senior romance novel this morning at 2AM. 89,070 words before the proof reader. LOL

Sending good thoughts your way fromthe banks of the PEACE River...

Linda :) said...

The last two years have taught me well to live one day at a time and that it's all in God's time and will...
Congrats to Jack69 on completing your book!
Happy Thursday!! :)