It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, December 21, 2012

Chapter 12, Page 21, Book 12



Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
    come before him with joyful songs.
 Know that the Lord is God.
    It is he who made us, and we are his;
    we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving
    and his courts with praise;
    give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
    his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Psalm 100
Friday, December 21st: JOY

Can you manufacture joy? Is it possible to be joyful just because someone tells us to be joyful?  Psalm 100  says to Shout for JOY to the Lord!

It may not come easily at first, but the Spirit of the season asks us to be joyful! This time of year it seems that their always some people who are doubting Thomas's, Scrooges, and Grinches. They have a cynical attitude toward Christmas. If you tell them that Jesus comes at Christmas, that all will be calm and bright, that hark the herald angels will sing, and there will be joy to the world, these cynics respond, Bah! Humbug! 

It's a time to believe...the Messiah comes to quell our fears and heal our hearts. 

Rather than looking at what I don't have,  being thankful for what I do have is a sure way to bring joy into my life. Giving thanks for all the blessings in my life today.  I believe and hope you do too.  No Scrooges or Grinches here at my house.

Joyful, Joyful we adore you, Christ our new born King!

3 comments:

Hollie said...

Merry Christmas!!! I haven't been around lately as I've been so busy and overwhelmed with the new job! Stay warm!!

Sr. Ann Marie Slavin said...

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas--one that is rich in blessings!

JeanJournal said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! TO BEAUTIFUL sweet Ma~COLD HERE IN GEORGIA bbbrrrr!~ BUT NO SNOW~HOORAY~ I watched all 3 SCROOGE movies one day 1938, 1984,1999~I'M THANKFUL to be ENJOYING EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY! & MY BLUES ARE NO MORE ~ for all I can do is keep on loving people who want to NOT BE A BLESSING TO OTHERS!~~~JESUS IS THE REASON FOR THE SEASON!!!~ah! 'Tis so sweet to trust in JESUS!!! JUST TO TAKE HIM AT HIS WORD & HIS WORD NEVER FAILS! ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun