It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Chapter 12, Page 20, Book 12



Thursday December 20th:  JOY

J-esus
O-thers
Y-ou

By putting yourself last and Jesus first, with others in between, it brings real joy.

Let us remember that joy isn’t just a happy feeling but is part of the mystery of our faith that comes from serving and following our Lord and King.

When I had a large family at home, I rarely had time to think about myself.  I was much too busy caring for all of them.  Now that I live alone, it is a great temptation to be self-centered and I do have to watch out that I don't do that.  

Trying to keep the balance isn't always easy. Advent reminds us of what is important in our lives.  

2 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Most of the "big" storm is going to go north of our mountains...only 1-3" of snow...
Stay safe and warm...
Happy Holidays

That corgi :) said...

I like that J - Jesus - O - others - Y - You; great way to live our lives! It is easy to get self absorbed I do believe; we tend to think it is all about "us". I'm glad Jesus gives us reminders in his word and the Advent season to remember it is really all about him :)

betty