It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Chapter 12, Page 15, Book 12




Christmas, my child, is love in action. ... Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas.

Dale Evans Rogers


Saturday, December 15th:  LOVE

The whole purpose in planning ahead  this time of year is not simply just to remove some of the  stress and cross a few things off of our to do lists. The purpose is to keep ourselves focused in the right direction.

If we keep our Advent activities simple then we'll be won't get bogged down and forget the real reason for the season.  I try to remember that we are each have a purpose in life and even though things may not be just as we'd like them to be, we are all loved by the same heavenly Father.

For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart.

Jeremiah 29:11-13

 It’s a season where love wins, peace reigns.  God's gift to us was One made with love..  So it is no wonder that we all feel that Christmas should be a special time with family and friends.  No gift I could give could ever compare, but I like to think the love we share is worth more than any gift money can buy.

May you have the gladness of Christmas which is hope; The spirit of Christmas which is peace; The heart of Christmas which is love. 

Ada V. Hendricks

2 comments:

Buttercup said...

The love we share with those dear to us is the best gift of all.

That corgi :) said...

love overcomes all and love always wins :)

betty