It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Chapter 12, Page 13, Book 12



Quiet My Heart, Lord

Quiet my heart, Lord,
and show me a Christmas
as peaceful and calm as
an old cattle shed...

Slow down my pace, Lord,
and help me seek Jesus,
the Son of Your Love,
in a humble straw bed...

Steady my spirit, Lord,
call me from chaos
in simple surrender
to pray and rejoice...

Breakthrough the busy,
too-bright celebration,
and whisper your message,
Be still...hear my voice...
Author unknown

Thursday, December 13th: LOVE

Be still, and know that I am God...Psalm 46:10
I like the Advent idea of keeping faith, hope and love alive in the midst of dark times, because that's where we so often are and so often need to be. The dark cold days of winter can be depressing, but the glow that love brings into our hearts makes every day much more cheerful and bright.

Let’s start something today!  Let’s decide to love everyone we meet today, and pass the word so that everybody catches on to it.


Remember
This December,
That love weighs more than gold!

Josephine Dodge Daskam Bacon

4 comments:

linda m said...

Todays post is a wonderful reminder to all that Christmas is about love. God's blessings to you.

jack69 said...

Great quote to sign off a good read.
Love from an overcast but nice Florida.

That corgi :) said...

I love the thought of loving everyone we meet today! Although it won't be many that I'll come along today with working at home, etc., I'll definitely make the effort to love hubby and son a bit more today and anyone else that might cross my path!

betty

Arlene (AJ) said...

A wonderful, touching post that touched my heart.....have a beautiful, Blessed Christmas your way.