It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, November 09, 2012

Chapter 11, Page 9, Book 12



Get down on your knees and thank God you're still on your feet. 

Irish Proverb



# 9 of 30 things I'm thankful for in November

Health 

I am thankful for my good health.  Not everyone is blessed with good health especially when we get older.

When I hear or see what others go through enduring poor health, I can't help but be thankful.  I don't do all the things that I used to do and much of what I do is at a much slower pace.   But for today I can still do what needs to be done.  

Health and happiness go hand in hand

If you have health, you probably will be happy, and if you have health and happiness,
 you have all the wealth you need, even if it is not all you want.  

Elbert Hubbard


6 comments:

linda m said...

I too am thankful for my relatively good health. As I get older I have slowed down and do have to ask for more help. But thank God that doctor visits are almost non existent and I don't take any medication. God bless you.

Linda :) said...

I am thankful for hubby's health... he goes for his PSA test today... a whole year of being cancer free... Happy Friday!!! :)

jack69 said...

I look forward ever day to see what is next. Health! yes, I can say AMEN to that.

Love from down here where there was frost on the windshield. OUCH, Florida in a few days thank good ness. This motor home does not hold heat well.

Kath said...

Good afternoon Ma,from here over the pond.So true Good health is the best thing,you cannot do very much without it.Sorry I havn't been around,unfortunately I don't keep good health of late and I have just had a spell in hospital.I am still pretty poorly,but trying a little commenting today,even though I am finding it hard work.I have missed your blog very much and your inspirational words.I do thank God for the Doctors and Nurses and that I am still here to comment, even if I am not 100%.Have a great day Ma.I will try keep in touch as much as I am able.Take Care God Bless.I love your home header of picture.Kath xx

That corgi :) said...

I like that Irish Proverb. I think a lot of us take our health for granted until we get older and we see the effects of some of our habits and what it does to our bodies. I know I have typed many a report of people that stopped smoking after they got diagnosed with lung cancer or had a heart attack. To have good health is indeed a blessing!

betty

Chatty Crone said...

I like the Irish Proverb too. And I agree with Betty too - some times we appreciate our health too late - so I appreciate mine too and I am glad you are feeling good too! sandie