It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Chapter 11, Page 7, Book 12



Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody's hand and squeeze it... while there is still time. 

Dale Dauten


# 7 of 30 things I'm thankful for in November

Knowledge 

 It is so important to learn and gain knowledge.  I'm thankful that I learn something new every day of my life.

I am reminded how life is full of gifts we don’t always completely notice. We can get bogged down and only focus on the minutia and hassles of daily living. Learning to approach the day with an open mind and having an eye for opportunity can help us recognize these daily gifts and find the fulfillment that comes along when we embrace them.

One way that I experience greater well being and satisfaction is by learning and expanding my knowledge. We are able to learn something new every day and from every encounter we have. Whether it’s uncovering a new perspective and seeing things a different way, or gaining wisdom about how to live life and be happy, growing from knowledge and seeking to apply it offers true meaning to our lives.

Knowledge is power, but only if you use it. 

Always walk through life as if you have something new to learn and you will.  

Vernon Howard

5 comments:

jack69 said...

Such a powerful statement, thanks:


Knowledge is power, but only if you use it.

linda m said...

Thank you for a powerful blog. God bless you.

That corgi :) said...

I like that line to walk through life as if you have something new to learn and you will. It continues to amaze me in my 30 plus years of the work I do to run into new words I haven't seen or heard of before and when I look them up to verify I spelled them correctly, it does increase my knowledge of what they mean. Always good to learn no matter how old we are!

enjoy Wednesday!

betty

Linda :) said...

I love your header picture!! I finally have a bit of vacation, so I am taking a little stroll through blogs... Have a good day! :)

Chatty Crone said...

I love your new header photo too! sandie