It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, November 04, 2012

Chapter 11, Page 4, Book 12




Every house where love abides
And friendship is a guest
Is surely home
and home sweet home
Fr there the heart can rest

Henry Van Dyke


# 4 of 30 things I'm thankful for in November

Home 

How blessed we are to have the comfort of home and all of the things it provides us.  Home is a place where I feel safe and secure.  It provides shelter in the storms.  It's an old house in an old neighborhood.  It's not fashionable nor glamorous, but be it ever so humble, it is home.



May the roof above us never fall in
And may we good companions beneath it never fall out.
Irish Blessing

2 comments:

jack69 said...

Yes, Yes and YES!
I like the theme you have picked for the month. Certainly good idea and of course it fits.

That corgi :) said...

After feeding the homeless yesterday, I too am grateful for my house. I actually thanked God this morning even for the extra stuff I have in here that I might not want, at least I have a warm roof over my head and shelter from the weather. Truly a blessing indeed!

betty