It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, November 03, 2012

Chapter 11, Page 3, Book 12




Love is missing someone whenever you're apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you're close in heart.

Kay Knudsen 

#3 of 30 things I'm thankful for in November

Warmth 

The warmth of heart and home is something we all tend to think about as the days grow colder.  Our homes are an extension of who we are.  Everyone has a special affinity for the place they call home.  We all want our homes to feel warm and inviting to our family and friends.

 It's important for me to know that anyone who comes to my house feels very comfortable and welcome.  But I've learned that my family doesn't really care how my house looks, they come to see me.  For me to make them feel comfortable and welcome is what is really important.  If I can make them feel like they are the most important things in the world, I will have succeeded.  They will feel the warmth of my heart.

The ornaments of your house will be the guests who frequent it.  

Author Unknown

4 comments:

jack69 said...

You are very insightful.Good thoughts on warmth, we do take somethings for granted. It is good to be Thankful. I like your theme, fits so well.
getting cooler here 38 degrees as I type. the warmth inside feels good.

linda m said...

I too feel that people come to see me not my house. Thank you for the insightful thoughts for today. God's blessings.

That corgi :) said...

I like the picture of your house on your blogger header picture, Ma! It does look like there is warmth behind the front door when one enters your house and not just from heat but from the love you share with those that enter!!

I too am thankful for warmth!

betty

Chatty Crone said...

I bet just knowing you from the blog that you r house is really really warm and filled with love. And that your arms are wide open with LOVE! sandie