It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Chapter 11, Page 28, Book 12




Making the decision to have a child is momentous.  It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.  

Elizabeth Stone

#28 of 30 things I'm thankful for in November

Parents 

 Without them we would not exist. Many of our ancestors, and possibly even our parents, struggled and fought so that we could live life. Learn about your family history if possible and appreciate all that your ancestors did in order to survive and thrive. Appreciate your parents as well, even if they are no longer together, or if your relationship is not well, realize that it is because of the two of them that you are alive and able to live at this moment. If nothing else, you can be grateful for that.

I'm thankful for the parents  that don’t always say yes,  and in doing so help children learn and grow.  To me being a good parent meant that I was to teach my children how to be responsible, and dependable adults.  When we know they can take care of themselves and make wise decisions, it is a good feeling. 
Yes, to be a good parent, you have to sacrifice, but this is not a requirement of parenting, it is a requirement of being good at something.

Robert Brault

5 comments:

linda m said...

Good post. God bless you.

That corgi :) said...

Hardest job that we do in attempting to parent; I do agree with you with what a parent's role is to teach their children to be responsible and dependable. And a parent's job doesn't stop once the kids become adults; once a parent, always a parent I do believe!

betty

jack69 said...

Wow, I haven't thought of it that way, but now looking back, I an thankful I had two of the best in the world. I could never come up to their abilities and understanding. I hope my sons do.
Love it.
We have another beautiful day here. Just got back from the dentist and left enough money to make a down payment on his next Cadillac! LOL

Linda :) said...

Lot's of parenting going on here these days... it's good to know they are listening even if they don't agree... Happy Wednesday! :)

Chatty Crone said...

And after all that work and worry and love you have to let them go and have wings. sandie