It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Chapter 11, Page 27, Book 12





For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
Ralph Waldo Emerson


# 27 of 30 things I'm thankful for in November

Rest 

 I am thankful that I do get enough sleep to start a new day. And I am thankful that I do have comfortable place to rest.  

I do love my miracle foam mattress.  It was a good investment that really didn't cost much at all compared to some mattresses I've seen.  One thing about growing older is that these old bones like things soft and comfy.  

Nothing of significance is achieved without effort and hard work and weariness.  Everyone needs rest.  When you don't get enough, nothing seems to go as well as it could.  Rest makes us better so that we can be better for others.

But being busy in an endless pursuit of things can leave us empty and hollow and broken inside. The faster we go the emptier we become.
To bring our lives under control and realign our priorities we need to pause and just rest. 

The pause that REFRESHES improves our attitudes, increases our energy and makes us more positive.


Remember one of the things that steals health and happiness is stress. Take time out.
Rest isn't luxury; it's a necessity.

The best six doctors anywhere
And no one can deny it
Are sunshine, water, rest, and air
Exercise and diet.
These six will gladly you attend
If only you are willing
Your mind they'll ease
Your will they'll mend
And charge you not a shilling.

Nursery rhyme 


6 comments:

linda m said...

Isn't it amazing what a new mattress can do? God bless you.

That corgi :) said...

I do like that list of the best doctor; that is wonderful advice for us to take every day with exercise, rest, water, etc., but especially this time of year with so much on our plates to get done! To get a good night's rest is something indeed to be thankful for!

Enjoy Tuesday!

betty

Sr. Ann Marie Slavin said...

Lots of good advice here! Thanks. I do love stretching out in bed at night--and most of the time sleeping! The times I don't only make me appreciate the blessings of the many that I do!

Elizabeth said...

Yes, rest is so very important!

jack69 said...

Yes, good one my lady. Thanks. We need and enjoy REST.
I have never heard that nursery rhyme. That one is neat!!!
Thanks we had a beautiful day, here in Wildwood Florida.

Chatty Crone said...

Very good information - I need to stretch more for sure and getting sleep is critical - I need to get a little more. sandie