It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, November 23, 2012

Chapter 11, Page 23, Book 12



If most of us are ashamed of shabby clothes and shoddy furniture, let us be more ashamed of shabby ideas and shoddy philosophies.... It would be a sad situation if the wrapper were better than the meat wrapped inside it.  

Albert Einstein


Number 23 of 30 things I'm thankful for in November
Clothing 

This is one of those things we take completely for granted. We have the ability to choose what to wear, we have the choice to buy what we want. Many people don’t have this option, be thankful.

 I am thankful for the warmth and comfort  my clothing provides on these chilly days.  I'm certainly not a fashion model of any sorts, a warm comfy set of sweats does it for me most days.  While my closet still holds a multitude of clothes I used to wear to work, most aren't worn at all anymore.  

This time of year I start layering up.  An extra layer or two of clothing helps to save when it comes to the fuel bill too.  After a long winter and things warm up again, I shed the layers and feel like I've lost a pound or two.


People seldom notice old clothes if you wear a big smile.  

Lee Mildon


5 comments:

linda m said...

Fashion model certainly doesn't describe me. I wear whatever is comfortable and looks decent. God bless you.

That corgi :) said...

I layer up too this time of year Ma! It does make a difference for warmth and comfort too!!

betty

jack69 said...

I love your way with words lady. Also love your choices of quotes. I never think of Einstein speaking of things other than technical data, he sure hit the nail on the head along with Milton.
Have a great weekend.....
Nice day here in Florida, haven't quite made 70 yet hanging at 69, But we have SUN!

Buttercup said...

I've really gone through my closet and given away a lot of things I no longer wear. I dress pretty much for comfort and am in sneakers most of the time. Life is too short for aching feet. Hope you're having a great weekend!

Martha said...

I Ma, long time no see. I just wanted to stop by and wish you and your family a happy belated Thanksgiving. I hope all has been well in your world :)