It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, November 19, 2012

Chapter 11, Page 19, Book 12



A Recipe For Sanity

Are you worsted in a fight?
Laugh it off.
Are you cheated of your right?
laugh it off.
Don’t make tragedy of trifles,
Don’t shoot butterflies with rifles.
Laugh it off.
Does your work get into kinks?
Laugh it off.
Are you near all sorts of brinks?
Laugh it off.
If it’s sanity you’re after,
There’s no recipe like laughter,
Laugh it off.

Henry Rutherford Elliot

# 19 of 30 things I'm thankful for in November

Laughter 


I think we all have certain things that can make us laugh and turn our day around no matter how bad it seems to be! Anytime I have having a frustrating day or I'm upset I almost always look to one of these things to make me laugh.....and it works!


I am thankful for laughter  that makes everything better .  Here are just a few things that make me laugh
A baby's  smiles

Silly pictures of my kids having fun

Watching a cat play with a ball of yarn

Seeing a squirrel try to eat out of the bird feeder

And last but not least  - Myself, sometimes  the best laugh I have all day is at myself.


In every moment of every day, we all have a choice: laugh or cry, and life is way too short to spend it crying…

If you can remember a happy, peaceful time in your past........Rest there. Each moment has a richness that takes a lifetime to savor


A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book. 

Irish Proverb Life

7 comments:

linda m said...

Laughter IS the best medicine. God bless you.

jack69 said...

YOu find some good ones. I have never read that by Elliot. I read it a couple times. I will go back again. That one hit the spot.

And I am glad I have company at laughing at myself, I do it quite often. This one is a keeper TOO!
Over cast here, we will spend Thanksgiving in Florida, unless something unforeseen comes up.
LOVE & HUGS from Yemassee, SC

That corgi :) said...

They do say laughter is the best medicine! I think laughing at ourselves is a very good thing too!

betty

Linda :) said...

I'll be laughing all day with my boys as I have the day off...
Happy Monday! :)

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Laughter is the best medicine...and it takes least face muscles....
Enjoy

JeanJournal said...

A GOOD LAUGH is good for what ails you & SO IS YOUR BLOG MA!!! ~ JEAN(ROME GEORGIA GIRL LIVING IN CALHOUN

Chatty Crone said...

I so agree - I have a couple people in my life that need to do this - they take life so serious! lol sandie