It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Chapter 11, Page 18, Book 12



Thank You, God for everything
I've experienced here on earth
Thank You for protecting me
from the moment of my birth
And Thank You for the beauty
arond me everywhere
The gentle rain
and glistening dew,
the sunshine and the air,
The joyous gift of feeling
the soul's soft, whispering voice
That speaks to me from
deep within and makes my heart rejoice
Oh, God, no words are great enough
to thank You for just living.

And that is why every day
is a day for real THANKSGIVING.

by Helen Steiner Rice 


# 18 of 30 things I'm thankful for in November

Sunshine 

I do love the sunshine and how it starts each day, giving us light and the ability to grow.

The beauty of the sun, the warmth it brings, and the beginnings and the ends that it represents are something to be thankful for. Take time to watch a sunrise or sunset and revel in the beauty of the thing that keeps us warm and alive.

Gratitude is looking on the brighter side of the life, even if it means hurting your eyes. 

Ellen DeGeneres,

4 comments:

jack69 said...

Ah yes, the sunshine. It is always good to have the warmth of the sun, but it is good to know it is there even when the clouds hide it from view.
We are over cast today and not expecting to see the sun, but it is always a thrill when it does peek thru..
Still inSouth Carolina... Have a great Sunday!

That corgi :) said...

I do like a sunny day! Thankful God gives us a lot here! Lovely poem too!

enjoy your restful day Ma!

betty

linda m said...

Great words to live by. God bless you.

Chatty Crone said...

I love H.S. Rice. And you know if you play it just right - every day is Thanksgiving. sandie