It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Chapter 11, Page 14, Book 12





May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!
Author Unknown
#14 of 30 things I'm thankful for in November

Food 

We need nourishment to be strong and healthy and I am thankful for having lots of it readily available every day.

I am thankful for having the luxury of having access to, and the means for, eating my favorite foods. 

I love to cook and cooking for a crowd is something that is my specialty.  I don't like to cook much for just myself.  After cooking for a large family for many years, when I make something, it's hard to cook for just one.

I'm thankful for family and friends to share a meal with.

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
Ralph Waldo Emerson



6 comments:

jack69 said...

In jest, sometimes I am too thankful for food.
But in reality it is good, and I am thankful, to live in a land of plenty.

jack69 said...

Heading South in a couple hours. We will spend a week near Savannah , GA, but in SC, then on the Florida.
Cool day here in the 30's.

That corgi :) said...

I think we forgot to be thankful of food until we don't have food; thankful that we are blessed so abundantly! Always good too to help others who might need to get a meal if they fall on hard times :)

betty

Barbara said...

Yes I like to cook for a lot but only sometimes. even with a family of 4 it is not so easy to cook for 2 now so sometimes I still cook for 4 and freeze 2 - depending what it is of course.

Linda :) said...

I'm too thankful for food this week and have been over indulging... I was just saying yesterday that I need to stop cooking for the whole Navy, lol... we have leftovers for days... and the days are chilly and food is warm and yummy... we are very blessed... Happy Wednesday!

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness Pam I am so bad about food - I am thankful for it, but I eat too much! Have you ever had Bonnie Bell pumpkin and almond ice cream - that is something to be thankful for.
sandie