It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Chapter 11, Page 13, Book 12



I like my new telephone, my computer works just fine, my calculator is perfect, but Lord, I miss my mind!  

Author Unknown


# 13 of 30 things I'm thankful for in November

Technology

I am thankful for my Kindle, my cell phone and my laptop,

The new technology has allowed us to share photos and stories via  Blogger and Facebook with friends and family. Social Media has also help network and breakdown barriers of distance and language, as all of sudden ideas and concepts are shared instantly around the world. 

Thanks to e-mail and the Internet, as well as the ease in document imaging, we can all communicate with each other without having to waste paper and ink, not to mention stamps!

Electronic and online organizers and calendars keep our schedules organized and synchronize to our cell phones and other mobile devices so we are always organized.

The age of technology has both revived the use of writing and provided ever more reasons for its spiritual solace.  Emails are letters, after all, more lasting than phone calls, even if many of them r 2 cursory 4 u.  

Anna Quindlen


7 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I am thankful for technology too - we've come a long way baby! sandie

linda m said...

I do like some of the modern technology others I could do without. God bless you.

peggy said...

hi Ma! I often say this about the email and blogs and having a phone when I need it, and being able to see all the beautiful things people make and grow and share: "Lord, how can You be so good to me?". Happy Nov. 13th.

That corgi :) said...

Technology is indeed wonderful! I do like the convenience of it; it has so much to offer. Unfortunately there is that downside to it when technology takes aways jobs people used to do, but I am grateful for the ability to communicate so easily with family and friends around the country.

betty

JeanJournal said...

I have been young, and I'm older now ~ living from the DEPRESSION of the 1930's and now whats going on in our country ~ FLESH & BLOOD needs flesh & blood ~ and human touch is fast fading away ~ HOORAH! for our laptops!!! as we stay in touch this way~~~but~~~MA~~~WE have our sweet memories~~~FOR NOW. . . anyway...Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun)

jack69 said...

You get a big 'AMEN' from me on this. I get to see pictures i would never have seen, and talk to folks I never dreamed of.
Thanks for the reminder. Yes I am very thankful..

Barbara said...

Having got used to it all - what would be do without it!