It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, November 12, 2012

Chapter 11, Page 12, Book 12



Fun is fundamental. 
There is no way around it.
You absolutely must
have fun.  Without fun,
there is no enthusiasm.
Without enthusiasm,
there is no energy.
Without energy,
there are only
shades of gray.
Doug Hall

#12 of 30 things I'm thankful for in November

Fun 

I am thankful to have had many fun times, great memories, and people to share them with.

We need to take back the fun that we are given on a daily basis:  the fun of crunchy cereal, of cold milk and hot coffee, of birdsong and dog wag, of smiles and waves, of warm blankets and light reading,  Eating lunch in the park, attending to a vegetable garden in your backyard, or watching the sunset are just a few simple ideas for how you can have some fun on a daily basis.

Never be too busy to laugh, or too serious to smile. Instead, surround yourself with fun people and don’t get caught up in your own sense of importance.A good cup of coffee when I first wake. Time spent playing with my one of my grand children . Cooking a nice meal in the evening. These may not seem terribly exciting, but they are some of the simple pleasures I enjoy in life. If you slow down for just a moment and take the time to appreciate these ordinary events, life becomes instantly more enjoyable.

Doing something that we love is a gift to ourselves and others as well. When we create happiness and joy in our lives, we become happier people, we get more done, we become more motivated and we spread the joy around to others.  Get out of the habit of just doing things because they need to be done and let yourself have fun.

Doing something we loves gives us zest for living and the ability to laugh and have fun.  Most people lack enough FUN in their lives because they don't plan to have fun.  They don't have a game plan!  We've heard about a balanced life, which means play as much as you work as much as you eat as much as you sleep. Take care of your body, mind and spirit as another means of balance in your life  It's all up to us.  We need to  become aware of the truly fun things that make us happy.
Having fun needs no explanation, it is its own excuse.

6 comments:

jack69 said...

We do have a wonderful time in life, this was even fun to read. Fun is what starts our first giggles, and fun is seeing the grand and great grands doing the CUTE stuff of growing and learning. Fun is also knowing fun people.
Love ya,

That corgi :) said...

It is great to have fun and to have a good laugh now and then! I do agree about finding something fun to do, no matter how small, but to find fun in living! Koda had me laughing last night; he knows when it is dinnertime and he will stare at me at that time waiting for me to start the feeding process. I just had to laugh he was so funny staring intently while I was trying to read my book :)

have a great Monday!

betty

Sr. Ann Marie Slavin said...

Oh so true! Doesn't matter how old you get-- you can still enjoy and appreciate fun! It allows us to really live God's joy!

Linda :) said...

I plan to have some fun on my vacation but first we are all home on this Veteran's holiday so we will be having family time by bbqing hamburgers and making potato salad... Enjoy your fun day!

Chatty Crone said...

I think having fun is fundamental to a good life. I also think it makes you live longer and happier. I hope you have fun today. sandie

JeanJournal said...

LIFE IS bowl of cheeries round here for me & LUCY( my 6 pound chihuahua~ and she STARES at me intensely to GO OUTSIDE~WHEN SHE'S HUNGRY~WHEN SHE WANTS ME TO HOLD HER~BUT SHE BARKS REAL LOUD when someone comes that we don't know~Yes FUN is a MUST~~A FUNNY THING MAKING ME LAUGH can turn things around TO HAPPY & A SATISFIED MIND in an instant! ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun