It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Chapter 11, Page 11, Book 12



Forgiveness is a funny thing.  It warms the heart and cools the sting. 


William Arthur Ward

#11 of 30 things I'm thankful for in November

Forgiveness 

Yes, forgiveness is a wonderful thing. It's a gift we give not only to others, but to ourselves as well.   We all make mistakes and forgiveness gives us a chance to do better.  

 I have both forgiven others and been forgiven myself.  Forgiveness allows you to see people for all they are, and see yourself for who you are.

How much happier would we find ourselves, free of the burden of old wounds, old grudges, old judgments and negative feelings

Life is too brief for hate and spite. We have no time for malice. Life is too swift for bitter thoughts or words. Life is too great for petty things.  Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future. We can choose a better way.

Truly, forgiveness is a healing gift we give ourselves

Never forget the three powerful resources you always have available to you: love, prayer, and forgiveness.

Life's Little Instruction Calendar


5 comments:

jack69 said...

Yes, this is another that deserves sharing, thanks.
I think most of the time I forgive others easier than I forgive myself.

looks like a nice day here, and soon heading for Florida....

That corgi :) said...

I'm so thankful God forgave me of my sins; if he could forgive, then I can forgive (though sometimes it is so hard to do so!)

But it is a great thing to consider a blessing to have the ability to forgive others!

betty

Bookncoffee said...

Hope you are having a great weekend! Forgiveness is essential to have and keep a relationship for any length of time. Patience too. lol

Buttercup said...

Thanks for the reminder. We had a beautiful day here. So welcome after all the terrible weather. Wishes for a great week!

Chatty Crone said...

I have worked on forgiveness all week and I am finally to a good point! lol

It is not easy.
sandie