It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, November 01, 2012

Chapter 11, Page 1, Book 12




O heavenly Father:

We thank thee for food and remember the hungry.

We thank thee for health and remember the sick.

We thank thee for friends and remember the friendless.

We thank thee for freedom and remember the enslaved.

May these remembrances stir us to service,
that thy gifts to us may be used for others.

Amen.

The prayer above is from a Dear Abby column many years ago.


# 1 of 30 things I'm thankful for in November

FAITH

I am thankful for my faith.  I am thankful that I'm blessed to believe that God will provide for us each day.  We exercise our faith every day. We have faith that the sun will give light to our day, that our car will still be parked where we left it, that our money is still in the bank, etc. Our acceptance of these types of things proves that we trust , by faith, in them. You see, we all have a great deal of faith. We are born in innocence and are given to trust, by faith, that which we are taught.

Faith is not only the assurance that Christ is who He professes to be, but also the trust that He will do all that He promises to do in His Word.  Faith is not only believing in His promises, it’s also trusting Him to perform His promises in our lives.  I have faith in the infinite wisdom of God.

You only need a mustard seed's amount of faith to have real and lasting riches, which have eternal value such as patience, kindness, and humility.


Gratitude humbles me, enriches me, fills me, stretches me 
and brings a joy that comes from nowhere else. 
I am thankful that I live a life of gratefulness.

6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I like your thankfulness for day one. I think it is wonderful to be able to trust so deeply! sandie

That corgi :) said...

That is a great thing to be thankful for, Ma, with faith. And you are right, we have faith in our cars starting, the sun coming out, nighttime, etc., and definitely it is always good to have faith in God who provides absolutely everything we do need indeed!

betty

JeanJournal said...

Prayer is the key to the Kingdom ~ but FAITH unlocks the door. YES MA ~ FAITH ~ is what we must have every day for happiness & love to bless others! ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun

jack69 said...

This is and always has been a great thankful Blog site. I have copied so much from here and passed it on, Thanks.

linda m said...

Amen to your blog. God bless you.

Buttercup said...

Especially thankful for warmth and electricity these days. It's a long list, but those two things pop into my mind right away. Take good care and thanks so much for your prayers!