It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Chapter 10, Page 31, Book 12



HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Oh how we love pumpkin season.  You did know this gourd-ish squash has its own season, right?  Winter, Spring, Summer, Pumpkin.... We anxiously anticipate it every year.  

Trader Joe's Fearless Flyer, October 2010

Very soon now all those pumpkins will be used for making Pumpkin Pies.  

It's the last day of October and November brings Thanksgiving!  I'm looking forward to celebrating a whole month of Gratitude and Thanks.

For some, November means pumpkin pie, corn mazes, cooler weather, thanksgiving dinner, football, the Macy’s parade, but here at my house I want November to be a month of reflection. a time to refocus our attention. a time to make lists about our Thanksgiving.  The Bible says in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 to Give thanks in everything for this is God’s will…. this verse has been in my heart and for the whole month of November I'll be sharing what I'm thankful for.

There is a book called, 1000 gifts by Ann Voskamp. I have purchased it, and will start my list of 1000 things that I am thankful for.  

 Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don't unravel. 

Author Unknown 

5 comments:

jack69 said...

For a good reason my mind is going over the song, "GIVE THANKS"!
Thanks for the entry.
Love from a cool spot in NC. Sherry is heading out to walk....

That corgi :) said...

I have heard of that book of 1000 gifts; might have to look in it for myself. Great idea to have November be a month of reflection Ma!! (can you believe it is November already???)

Cute pumpkin picture!

betty

~3 Sides of Crazy~ said...

I look forward to your new lists.

Chatty Crone said...

Boo to you!
Happy Halloween!
sandie

Rose said...

Love the new photo as your Header!

Also love the pumpkin graphic.