It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Chapter 10, Page 14, Book 12



Orange pumpkins,  a bounty of squash, ears of dried corn and pots of beautiful burgundy and yellow mums

Visual candy corn 

Autumn asks only that we just slow down and in a measured pace, consider making room in our hearts for blessings hidden 

I think Autumn reveals to us a lot about our faith. It's a season when things are reserved, calming. Leaves are changing colors and twirling to the ground. It's almost mystical. There is still color, but it's muted. The air is brisk and tangy. Some view the falling leaves as a peaceful wait period before the promises of Spring and renewal. 

Using the visual candy corn or the real thing, I think we can save up enough Candy Corn to last us till Spring

Sweet blessings to you all this day.


5 comments:

Buttercup said...

I see autumn as a time where we receive bounty for our hard work. I feel I am in the autumn of my life and this is a time to enjoy all the good things that have been part of my life all through it. Wishes for a wonderful Sunday!

jack69 said...

Very sweet. Lovely thoughts for the day. Thanks, it is definitely time to appreciate Autumn!!
We are cool, still in the 60's but we do have sun!

That corgi :) said...

I like that "the air is brisk and tangy". That is a good description of autumn air indeed! Though today at 85 degrees for our high, it doesn't seem too autumn like here!

betty

Chatty Crone said...

I like that - visual candy. It does a lot for this season.. I love it.

JeanJournal said...

I appreciate every season and am JUST GLAD TO BE ALIVE AT MY AGE ~ A few days ago a neighbor who was 19 years younger than me,died~seemed to be in good health, My way to live is to be happy & do what I can to make others happy~ESPECIALLY MY CHILDREN!~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun