It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Chapter 9, Page 5, Book 12




There is a story about a young man who was applying for a job. As a part of the application process, the young man had to take an aptitude test. He arrived at the appointed time, was given instructions about the test, and then was ushered into the testing room.

Immediately, though, the young man became enamored with the utensils at his disposal: he straightened the paper on the desk, sharpened his pencils and shined his chair. In fact, he became so engrossed in the material around him he never got around to taking the test! When time was up and the tests were collected, he had nothing to show for his efforts but a neat desk, finely sharpened pencils and an immaculate chair. Needless to say, he didn't get the job.
Working smart is not about how hard you work, but how effectively, how efficiently. Many people who spend long hours working are not necessarily more dedicated than their peers who are done early. Those who burn the midnight oil oftentimes have not learned how to use their time wisely.
Author unknown


WONDERFUL Wednesday / Wonderful time.

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish. 


John Quincy Adams 

Time effects us all and our effectiveness is a matter of choice.  We can choose to do what we want to do or waste it worrying about what we should do.  

I've got some very busy days ahead with lots to do in a short time.  So I thought it'd be appropriate to tell about using our time wisely.

I know that blogging might not be an effective way to use time wisely to some but for me it often puts things in perspective and with that knowledge I do get a lot more done.

Effectiveness is doing the things that get you closer to your goals. Efficiency is performing a given tast (whether important or not) in the most economical manner possible. Being efficient without regard to effectiveness is the default mode of the universe.

Timothy Ferris

With fall just ahead and the camping season coming to a close I'm trying to get all my personal belongings out of the camper this week.  I'm making more than one trip back and forth.  Times like this make me wish I had a large utility vehicle, but I don't


We immediately become more effective when we decide to change ourselves rather than asking things to change for us.

Stephen Covey

I am trying to get this done so that when  my camper sells, I can leave it in the best possible condition for someone else and go home knowing that I did a good job and won't have to redo anything.

Knowing that my house is already full to overflowing with everything here right now, I will also have to find an effective way to store what I'm bringing home too.  

People, like nails, lose their effectiveness when they lose direction and begin to bend.

  Walter Savage Landor


It'll be another busy day here at my house, but I'm persevering and trying not to loose my focus so I can get this task at hand done.  What ever you might be up to today, I hope you'll keep focused and makes some positive strides to your life

Remember:

 Efficiency is doing better what is already being done.  Effectiveness is deciding what to do better.

Peter F. Drucker

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL Wednesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

2 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Enjoy the last few days of the camping season...raining here and the campers have all gone home..;(

Chatty Crone said...

You know what blogging does for me - it is effective in making me feel loved and I can love back.