It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, September 03, 2012

Chapter 9, Page 3, Book 12




A PRAYER FOR LABOR DAY

Another Monday morning, Lord,the first one in September,
Labor Day: summer’s end, fall’s debut, a day off from work
for all who have a job…
Grant a day of rest, a Sabbath plus,to the weary, the overworked,
 to those who work two jobs or more,
to those who toil without joy or satisfaction… 
And I offer you, Lord, I lift up to your hands,
those who have no job,who’ve searched in vain for months,
for years, for work to do
to pay the bills, to make ends meet,to just get by…
I offer to your mercy, Lord,those not justly paid
whose rights have no defenders,whose work sites fail to rise
to any standard decent, clean, humane…
I lift up to your eyes, O Lord, those who’ve lost themselves in work
forsaking rest, forgetting family, friends and joy…
I offer you to your counsel, Lord,the young who seek good jobs
and older workers suddenly let go and set adrift…
I lift up in thanksgiving, Lord,those who work for laborers’ rights,
who toil for those whom others cheat
and use with no regard for human life and for your Spirit, Lord,
dwelling deep within each worker’s heart…
Refresh the weary laborer, Lord,
and lead the jobless back to work…
Lift up those who work too hard;
refresh the hearts of those whose working days are done
 and chart a path for those whose work has just begun…
Move the minds and hearts of those who give employ;
make just and fair the worker’s lot
and safe each place where work is done…
Let my work give you glory, Lord,and praise,this day, 
this week and all my life…Amen




This picture is of 3 of my little  grandsons playing outside together on Saturday.  All 3 are now 2 years old.


I found this beautiful prayer on line and really don't know who wrote it, but I thought it covered just about all aspects of work and since we are celebrating Labor Day here in the US today, I thought it was well worth praying and sharing with you all.

Labor Day Weekend is our last call for summer fun. Enjoy it while you can. Have a great Labor Day,  be safe, and make the most of your day off.
'ON YA'-ma
.

5 comments:

Kath said...

The photosays fun to me Ma.How little ones love the swings.he-he.Bless them all.Thankyou for sharing the prayer,it does say all I agree.Have a lovely Labour Day and I hope the weather is kind to you too.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Chatty Crone said...

I hope you have a great Labor Day with family. We have been passing a virus around and it is my turn now.

jack69 said...

Sometimes someone can just put my thoughts down on paper. Words that I wish I had thought of, and increase my ability to express just how I do FEEL.
Wonderful entry.
Love from here.

Buttercup said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful prayer. Thanks so much for sharing it, as well as the cute picture of your grandsons. Wishes for a great week!

JeanJournal said...

OH HOW WE ENJOY THE LITTLE ONES! I think when the children come and we get to pet & pamper them some THAT'S FUN FOR US! (I enjoyed this LABOR DAY by 'pampering' myself some (didn't cook out or eat a hot dog or hamburger(ahhhh! just did no work except dishes and HAD A LAZY DAISY DAY! Hope your day was wonderful too(Thanks for your comments on my blog THE ANSWER IS JESUS~ i'm sorry I didn't check the blog for a month,,just read your August comment a little while ago(I must GET ORGANIZED~LOVE! the poem today and your sweet words ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun)