It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, September 28, 2012

Chapter 9, Page 28, Book 12





Let Me Be...

Let me be a little kinder, 
Let me be a little blinder 
To the faults about me; 
Let me praise a little more,
 Let me be, when I am weary;
 Just a little bit more cheery,
 Let me serve a little better 
Those that I am striving for.
 Let me be a little braver 
When temptation bids me waver, 
Let me strive a little harder 
To be all that I should be; 
Let me be a little meeker 
to the brother that is weaker;
 Let me think more of my neighbor 
and a little less of me. 

Author Unknown

7 comments:

linda m said...

Thank you for a very good "prayer".

Kath said...

Lovely verse Ma,thankyou for sharing.I copied and pasted,I hope you don't mind?.Have a fabulous Friday.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

That corgi :) said...

I need to print out this Let Me Be poem!! Very good reminders of what I want to be!

Enjoy the last Friday of September Ma!

betty

Sr. Ann Marie Slavin said...

Wow, this is the second blog in a row that talks about acts of kindness! Your poem is lovely! Thank you for your visits to my blog and your comments.

jack69 said...

Simply but beautifully put. I love it.
Beautiful day here, back from the doctor and all seems to be well. Love sent from NC

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my goodness I remember that poem - I love it.

JeanJournal said...

HAPPY FALL to you Ma ~ I love this poem AND APPRECIATE YOU!~~Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun