It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, September 02, 2012

Chapter 9, Page 2, Book 12


My last roses of summer



The Rose 

Such a flower of beauty. Quite perfect in creation. This flower when compared to love, Is strong in its relation.
Its aroma will allure you. The fragrance will entrance. If it captures all your senses, Your heart begins to dance.
The colors know no boundary, T’ween yellow, white and red. As love sees not what’s outside, But what’s inside instead.
Its petals folded tightly, They delicately intwine. And form a bond together, That grows stronger over time.
‘Tis quite a thing of beauty, As it starts with petals closed. And opens to full bloom, As love does when it grows.


R AND R SUNDAY/ The Last Blast of Summer!

With a heavy heart, I must admit that summer is ending. Children are back in school, days are shorter and busy fall schedules seem to be taking over the lazy days of summer. There is still one last hoorah for summer – Labor Day weekend! 

For those that have to go off to work each day, a 3 day holiday weekend is a blessing.  Here at my house it's not much different than any other weekend except for the fact that we had a great time together with family celebrating two birthdays yesterday.  

It looks like rain here for the rest of our weekend. That may just give us all the perfect excuse to rest and relax.

Too many of my days have been spent indoors this summer due to the heat.  And I'm wondering just how that is going to effect my winter.  I always like to think that I soak up enough of the good rays of summer to carry me over the winter and that hasn't happened this year.  I'm thinking I'd better take some extra vitamins C and D.

Yes, I know all too well that in some parts of the country the arrival of Fall also signals that a long cold winter is near. But I don’t like to think that way. I don’t want to live in dread of a cold dark season when I can enjoy the gifts in front of me right at this moment.
How ever you may be spending the weekend I hope that you enjoy at least one day of rest.  It's so good for the body and the soul. 

As always you all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Relax !  It's Sunday!

'On Ya'-ma

3 comments:

Kath said...

My day of rest is today Ma.I adore the poem on the rose,tis so true.Our year has been much rain, so I havn't had much fresh air outside either this summer.Still I am thankful for all he sends us.Have a Blessed Sunday Ma. I hope you can manage some R&R, after your busy Birthday Weekend.Take Care God Bless Kath xxx

jack69 said...

Living as we do, on the road, it is honestly easy to forget that there was a time we marked the 3 day weekends with great pleasure and excitement.
Yeah, I need to be reminded every once in a while that we are in sort of a dream world. However it is cool this morning and YES fall is in the air.

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE roses and their fragrant scent. Labor Day weekend like you said, 'not much different than any other weekend.' EXCEPT my hubby has a birthday. So we're going to celebrate too. Hope you had a GREAT day.