It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Monday, August 06, 2012

Chapter 8, Page 6, Book 12



Make me a channel of your peace:

Where there is hatred, let me bring your love,
Where there is injury, your pardon, Lord,
And where there's doubt true faith in you.

Make me a channel of your peace:
Where there's despair in life, let me bring hope,
Where there is darkness, only light,
And where there's sadness, ever joy.

O Master, grant that I may never seek
So much to be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand,
To be loved, as to love with all my soul!

Make me a channel of your peace:
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
In giving of ourselves that we receive,
And in dying that we are born to eternal life.

MERRY Monday


Make Me a Channel of Your Peace is a beautiful hymn version of the Prayer of Saint Francis and is a perfect inspirational song to listen to and sing each morning before beginning a grueling day. Adapted and set to music by Sebastian Temple in 1967, the soothing melody and powerful words of the song have an immediate calming effect on anyone dealing with pressure and stress.

Where love, peace and confidence prevail, no harm can enter

Have a MERRY Monday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

3 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I have that on my wall here at home - St Francis of Assist. Wonderful words.
And I pray I can be more like that.
sandie

jack69 said...

Make me a channel, a good prayer and a great song.

Works for me.
We are now in Rondout Valley, NY (for a week)

Take care enjoyed the read.

TARYTERRE said...

The words do calm and soothe. It must make a lovely song. Love your photos too. take care. Hope you had a good day. PS) I can barely see. Had my eyes dialated today and they still haven't gone back to normal. Good news though, the diabetes has NOT affected my vision. Bad news I have cataracts beginning. It's always something. so your post was just the inspiration I was looking for today.