It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, August 04, 2012

Chapter 8, Page 4, Book 12



SOUL AND RISK 

To laugh is to risk appearing a fool. 
To weep is to risk appearing sentimental. 
To reach out for another person is to risk involvement. 
To expose your feelings is to risk being your true self. 
To place your dreams and ideas before the crowd is to risk their rejection. 
To love is to risk not being loved in return. 
To live is to risk dying. 
To hope is to risk despair. 
To try is to risk failure. 
But risks must be taken, 
because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing. 
The person who risks nothing, does nothing. 
This person can avoid suffering and sorrow, 
but cannot learn, feel, change, grow, love, or really live.
 He is chained by his certitude. He is a slave. 
He has forfeited freedom. 
A person who risks is free. 

William Arthur Ward


 

SUPER Saturday!

I guess we all have taken a risk or two in our lives.  I know I laugh, I weep, I become involved, I have feelings and dreams.  

Life is a risky business.  Somewhere and sometime we all are called upon to take a risk.  But then life is not all about avoiding risks it is about how to manage them.

I want to fully live my life.  Every day is another chance to do so and I'm going to risk loving, living, feeling, and growing.

Though caution is called for there are risks worth taking.  Live is worth living with purpose and JOY.



The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change
And the realist adjusts the sails.

If things don't work out the way I might have planned, then I'm going to make the best of what comes my way.

Have a SUPER  Saturday everyone!  Take a risk!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Sometimes you just have to take a "Leap of Faith"...
Enjoy

jack69 said...

Great subject you chose today, and one that we all really need. But of course you knew that. LOL.

RISK, yep we take them, some on purpose and with a plan, others are spontaneous. Either way, when they actually work out, seems nothing could be better.

Love from PA nice day here, we leave for NY Monday.

TARYTERRE said...

Seems like I'm always adjusting my sails around here. LOL "To live is to risk, period." Take care.

Chatty Crone said...

To actual LIVE life is very risky! Some people just slide by. sandie