It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Chapter 8, Page 30, Book 12




You've blessed me with friends and laughter and fun
With rain that's as soft as the light from the sun
You've blessed me with the stars to brighten each night
You've given me help to know wrong from right
You've given me so much, so please Lord give me too
A heart that is always Grateful to you.

THANKFUL Thursday!

It seems the days have flown by and it's Thursday again!  If you have ever heard the saying, the older you get the faster time goes, believe it!    It does!

Time, you know, is given to you. You spend it as you get it. I’m happy to have it and I’m happy to be given some.
I'm thankful for the quality time I get to spend with family and friends

This past week has been filled with some good times and even a very few bad times.  There have been quiet times and noisy ones too.  Happy times and times of sorrow.  It's all blended together to make for a great week and for that I'm thankful.

This is always the time of year when I tend to get a little melancholy and I'm thankful for all the wonderful memories that help me get through the days.  There are times in all our lives that are worth remembering and others that we'd like to forget.

It's family celebration time here at my house this weekend.  We'll gather to celebrate 2 birthdays.  Mr Wonderful is turning 2 and our little northern Belle will be turning 1.  It'll be a joyful time and I'm thankful for them and all my grandchildren that give so me so much happiness.

Hope you can take take some time to count your blessings today and have a THANKFUL Thursday.
When thanks to God becomes a habit, so joy in God becomes your life.
'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

linda m said...

I have been keeping a "gratitude journal". It is amazing what a person puts in there, some good and some bad. Thank you for your inspiring words today.

Kath said...

Yes up down, up downs, are all part of our everyday life Ma,we must be thankful for whatever is sent,at least we are here to experiance them.I thank the Good Lord for every day he gives me,no matter what it entails.Yes time waits for no man.I hope you have a wonderful week/end and I cannot believe the Grandchildren are 1 and 2 yrs old already.Have a great Thursday.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

jack69 said...

Speaking of time flying, it is HARD to believe it has been two years since you were announcing the birth of Mr. Wonderful. WOW.
I am thankful we met you, since we are celebrating Thankful Thursday.
Love from Bangor, windy and a little cool..

TARYTERRE said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the folks in your family having one. We've been celebrating them here too. The end of August and beginning of September bring us BIRTHDAYS galore. have a great weekend.