It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, August 03, 2012

Chapter 8, Page 3, Book 12



Our little X-factor


As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others. 

Audrey Hepburn

DD and son


FANTASTIC Friday!

Fantastic hands!


When we help ourselves and others everyone wins!

I also saw the quote above attributed to Abraham Lincoln.  Any way it's a good one.  When you help others it makes you feel good and I always like to think that what we give comes back to us triple time.  I know I've had lots of help that has been appreciated at times too.

The selfless effort that we put forth to help someone or teach him or her something new actually opens our person door to the world around us. Each day you truly have to ask yourself if you are taking an active part in life or if you are standing on the sideline


One thing about being able to help others is that you first have to help yourself.  If you are not helping others then you aren't helping yourself.    Don’t give with an expectation of getting something in return or getting credit for the action. In order to get the benefit from “doing good” it needs to be done selflessly. 



There have many times that I felt helpless in situations way beyond my control and the only help I can give is a prayer or two.  But there are also many times I can lend a hand.  

A little encouragement and a smile always go a long way to helping others too.  Sometimes it's good to be left alone, other times we need a cheerful hand clasp.  

Basically when you help others you spread love and kindness and who couldn't use a little more of that.


Fear less, hope more; eat less, chew more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; love more, and all good things will be yours. 

 Swedish proverb

Knowing that we are actually helping ourselves by helping others is great motivation for taking a look with open eyes at the world around us and finding even one small way each day that we can bring some sunshine in someone’s darkness.

This week I've been blessed to help out my daughter while watching our little X-factor while she returned to work.  No doubt about it, I've been blessed to have him here a few days this week.  By helping her, she also helped me.  I've been a little down about the weather and my lack of camping this year, but with a little baby around, I am glad I'm home right now and can help her out.  There is nothing like a baby around to fill your days with nothing but pure JOY.  

Things always work out for the best. 

It is a fantastic Friday here at my house and I hope your day is a FANTASTIC one too!

'On Ya'-ma

3 comments:

jack69 said...

Yeah, we are so silly sometimes, BUT aren't those giggles and smiles such medicine!!!!
Helping others is always a blessing to the HELPER.

Love ya!!!

That corgi :) said...

He's so cute! Can't believe he's that "big" already! love the picture of him and his mom!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

What a sweetie pie your grandson is. You're so lucky to be spending time with him. ENJOY!