It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Chapter 8, Page 29, Book 12




GOD KNOWS BEST

Our Father knows what's best for us, so why should we complain.  We always want the sunshine but we know there must be rain...  We love the sound of laughter and merriment and cheer, bout our hearts would lose their tenderness if we never shed a tear...

Our Father tests us often with suffering and sorrow...  He test us, not to punish us, but to help us meet tomorrow for growing Trees are strengthened when they withstand the storm, and the sharp cut of the chisel gives the marble grace a form...

God never hurts us needlessly, and He never wastes our pain, for ever loss He sends to us, is followed by rich gain...
And when we count the blessings that God has so freely sent, we will find no cause for murmuring, and not time to lament... 

 For our Father loves His children, and to Him all things are plain, so He never sends us pleasure, when the soul's deep need is pain...

So whenever we are troubled and when everything goes wrong, it is just God working in us to make our spirits strong.



WONDERFUL Wednesday/ Wonderful life!

Often our world gets turned around.  Things never go just like our plans.  But one thing we can be sure of. We're safe in our Father's Hands...

I'm so glad that all the major decisions are out of my hands.  Our heavenly Father certainly takes care of things much better than I can.  I know I couldn't begin to make the decisions He does.  We can ponder till we are blue in the face trying to figure our why things are they way they are.

Yes, I do need to to my part, but ultimately the Father is in charge.  Each of us has many things to do in life. Someone has to do the grocery shopping, raise the children, cut the grass, earn some money, pay the bills and more.  Every day, even in the simple things, I find I need a lot of help.

One of the most comforting truths in the Bible is that the sovereign providence of God extends to the daily details of my life. He's concerned about me and you. His control extends over all our days, and He is able to work all things together for our good.

Every time I have ever dared to think that I have every thing in control, God must laugh and shake His head. I can just hear Him saying, One of these days you’ll learn, sweetheart.   He never scolds or punishes me.  He just lets me learn by my own experience, no matter how many times it takes.

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL Wednesday

SMILE, God is in charge!

'On Ya'-ma

4 comments:

jack69 said...

It is a Wonderful life and you again published a truth: The past is where we learn the 'NOW' (future) is where we apply it.

LOve that.
Sunshine here and 70's.

Kath said...

Loved the verse Ma and I am so grateful,he is in control too.I like you just wouldn''t know where to start at times.God Is Good.Have a wonderful Wednesday Ma.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

TARYTERRE said...

You're 100% right it's outta of our hands. BUT... I'm not giving up the MIDDLE. LOVE that. My new philosophy. Have a great day. take care.

Chatty Crone said...

I love that - I love quotes and they make such good sense to me - it is hard for me to apply them in my life. sandie