It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Chapter 8, Page 28, Book 12



May the rains sweep gentle across your fields,
May the sun warm the land,
May every good seed you have planted bear fruit,
And late summer find you standing in fields of plenty.

TERRIFIC 2's Tuesday

Rain certainly has been a subject dear to many of us this summer.  Many are suffering from the extreme draught and some are experiencing way too much rain.  There is even a hurricane threatening many in our southern states this week.  

We know that the weather is very unpredictable and if we're making plans you have to have other options, especially if they include outdoor activities.  Having a plan B is always a good thing. 

 Life really doesn't give us many certainties.  Living each moment as it comes and enjoying it means that no matter what the weather we can seize what life offers in the moment, and forge ahead, no matter the weather.

The morning sky tells me what the weather will be like each day, but it doesn't tell me what I'll do with comes my way.  

When I live in the moment, life is good.  I think one of the greatest ways we show our trust in God is by living life one day at a time. We prove our confidence in Him by enjoying today and not letting the concern of tomorrow interfere. 

Our stability rests on something more enduring than the current weather ...And that's the mental choice we make, every moment of every day

 Life happens in moments at a time.  Don’t miss out on life by tuning out the little things along the way.

That is my 2 for this Tuesday:  weather and attitude.

I hope you all have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!

'On Ya' - ma

4 comments:

Kath said...

It has been brilliant sunshine here Ma today,what a lovely change.Washing on the line outside,blowing in the breeze smelling sooo fresh.Oh! how I love it.Prayers for all those who may come into contact with the hurricane,heading for Louisanna and New Orleans.It worry's me as Son in USA has many friends down thier.He lived in Louisianna 2yrs.Have a great Tuesday Ma.Take Care God Bless xx

jack69 said...

Good stuff m'lady. I especially like the 'Irish Toast'(?). Love the two and hope I can always remember to live for right now and understand that is all I have guaranteed, NOW!
Love ya, and you will have a great day I am sure!

Chatty Crone said...

Hey we are getting some needed rain here too - from hurricane Isaac - hope the people in New Orleans won't be hit. Sandie singing in the rain - lol.

TARYTERRE said...

I think you summed it up when you said, "The morning sky tells me what the weather will be like each day, but it doesn't tell me what I'll do with comes my way." If rain or snow is in the forecast here, I curl up with a GOOD book. Otherwise, anything goes. Take care.