It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Chapter 8, Page 25, Book 12



One day, a centipede walked by a tree where a wise old owl was perched. The owl asked the centipede, You have so many legs! How do you know which one to move next?

The centipede froze in his tracks. He started thinking. He didn’t know which leg to move so he couldn’t move any. He cried to the owl, Help me! I’m stuck! The owl said, My little friend, you are stuck because you are too focused on yourself. When you are focused on what is going on in the world around you, you have no thoughts about how to move. You simply move.

The centipede looked out to the horizon and saw the sun setting. How beautiful, the centipede said. Just then, his legs were freed and he began to walk again.



SUPER SATURDAY!

Saturdays are the best of days, aren't they.  Not all weekends need to be busy nor do they need to be filled with work.  Weekends are a time to recharge your personal battery so that you can approach a new week feeling invigorated and positive.

I like to get up early on weekends as to not waste any precious time in bed.  Out of habit I'm an early riser anyway.  Everyday is a new opportunity and I don't want to miss out.  We're coming up on the end of August, and we're almost out of the dog days of summer. 

Taking the advice of wise old owl in the story above,  we need to let go of some of the thoughts we have so that we can get more done.  We'll have a lot more room in our brain for other things.  Over thinkers often experience minor memory loss simply because they have too many things vying for attention in there minds.  It's the same way with all the things we have to do.  Too much work tends to send us into overload.

I think so many of us are too hard on ourselves for what we didn't accomplish or what we should have done.  We shouldn't ever allow anyone to treat us as though we are second best.  I'm not going to be a better person because I got everything done that I wanted to this week.  I didn't get it all done, but what I'm going to focus on is some precious family time today.  

For some reason, most of us have been trained to look for the flaws in our lives.  We have to choose to live our lives the best we can in the place we are and focus on the positive.

As I've grown older, I've learned that having a spotless house doesn't mean a thing when there are so many other more important things to do.

I hope you all have a SUPER Saturday!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

jack69 said...

So I says to myself, what I need is a good start, so off to see MA and learn, yep, it is Super Saturday.
Love ya, Hope your Sunday is as good. For some reason, retired, we still like the weekend.

linda m said...

I love the Wise Old Owl - good advice. Have a great weekend.

TARYTERRE said...

Great advice as always. Believe me I do NOT have a spotless house. LOL As you know I'm a night owl. However today I got up early, like you did to run errands. Imagine my surprise to learn that none of the places I needed to go were open until 9am. Meant I had to sit there and wait an hour. How productive was trying to get a head start? LOL HAVE a wonderful weekend. take care.

Chatty Crone said...

We get soooooooooooooo much smarter with age. Why is that? I know - we don't have that much time left so we appreciate it so much more.
sandie

Jean said...

Good advise as always MA. I look forward to reading your blog. I will have to say I'm late to bed and late to rise. Lol. Take care. Jean

JeanJournal said...

Ma I think your blog is (my happy place) where I learn to think positvly & FEEL GOOD! love it! every day! ~ Jean(Rome Georga Girl living in Calhoun (~~~Wise old owl story is a treasure)