It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Chapter 8, Page 23, Book 12




There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart.

Celia Thaxter


This summer is coming to an end, and there have been many things that I am ever so thankful for.

Today I'm sharing just a few of them with you.



A grandson that loves smoothies.  

See his fruity mustache?  This picture surly did make me smile!

 
A baby to care for





My porch swing






Rose of Sharon bushes blooming in the yard


I'm thankful that we've had some cooler days that we can actually be outside and enjoy it too.  The beginning of this week has brought some beautiful days in the med 70's our way.  Cool summer evenings outside watching the birds has been delightful too ! 

For these and all my blessings I am thankful!

Hope your Thursday is full of blessings to be thankful for  too!


'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

linda m said...

Very good post, thank you for your inspiration.

linda m said...

Very good post, thank you for your inspiration.

Kath said...

Those temps suit me just fine too Ma,though we don't often get them here in my part of England.Fabulous pictures.The babe made me smile too LOL!!Enjoy your evenings in your swing.Nothing nicer."Nearer Gods heart in a garden.Than anywhere else on earth".Have a lovely Thankful Thursday Ma.Take Care God Bless.Kath xx

jack69 said...

MA’s Blog, New at my house……
What strong words, ‘There is an Eternal Sumer in the Grateful Heart!” If we could all just KNOW that, WOW!
Love the pictures, now that I get time on the net to see them....
We are having a great day, but the system is not cooperating here on the net.
Love from up in Maine. I am dodging around between this thing falling off line.

Chatty Crone said...

I love the photos of your cute family there girl.

And I am so thankful we are having cooler weather here in Georgia - very unusual.

Love, sandie

TARYTERRE said...

Your grandchildren are precious. Love that porch swing. we've had cooler temps for a week or so, but unfortunately it's headed back in the 90's this weekend. Hope you stay cool. grateful for your words each day. take care.