It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Chapter 8, Page 22, Book 12




At times, challenges hit with the force of a roaring, rushing waterfall.  The true test, however, is whether you can put your arms up and enjoy the feel of the water.  

Aviva Kaufman


WONDERFUL Wednesday

It is a known fact that continuing to face new challenges and develop new abilities is extremely important to your growth and maturity.  The good Lord knows I think I'm mature enough but I still get challenged as much as I've always been.

The days ahead will be full of new experiences, things you have never done before. You may not know how to do them, but you will learn. Everything you are doing today was new to you at one time and now look, now you can do it.

We  often think and say, it’s time for a change !  I need something new, and then we hesitate to embrace that new thing when it comes. If you are ready for something new and fresh, don’t be afraid when it comes.
Challenges are gifts that force us to search for a new center of gravity. 
Don't fight them. Just find a new way to stand 

Oprah Winfrey

Don’t stay trapped in the past. Let go of what lies behind and press into the great future .  Today is going to bring changes into our lives of some kind.  Every day is a wonderful chance to make the most of them.  Remember our attitudes are like habits and habits can be acquired.
Like television producer Barbara Gordon says, While others may argue about whether the world ends with a bang or a whimper, I just want to make sure mine doesn't end with a whine.   I can't put it any better than that.



Have a WONDERFUL Wednesday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

jack69 said...

The water fall looked so lovely when my click brought me here. I wasn't expecting the quote to go the way it did. I sometimes forget the force created by the falls and get lost in its beauty.
I love Mother Teresa's words, she was one Godly and brilliant person wrapped up in such a small body!!!
Love from Maine...

BlueRidge Boomer said...

I'm ready for some changes...love learning something new..!!
Enjoy

TARYTERRE said...

I admit I do hesitate to embrace new things. i have a terrible sense of direction and tend to let my hubby lead me there. But with him working again, seems I'm stuck too close to home. Trying to expand my horizons and explore a little. Hope I don't get lost. Have a nice day. Take care.

Chatty Crone said...

Challenges are gifts. I like that.
sandie

JeanJournal said...

Yes challenges are gifts ~ when we don't complain(which drains us) and we take one step after the other(that turns I can't to YES I CAN!)~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun)