It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, August 02, 2012

Chapter 8, Page 2, Book 12



This is our Little Lucky Guy enjoying a train ride at the county fair 


A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

 Willy Wonka

THANKFUL Thursday

Sometimes I feel more guilty for what I'm not than thankful for what I am.  Sometimes we need to slow down and look around and think about this place where we are at this moment.  The little things that we experience in our every day lives are often some of the best things in our lives. 

Today I'm thankful for the laughter in my life.  It definitely beats being angry or upset and it is a blessing to have so many people  who make me laugh so much.  I love that we can spend time laughing together.

I love to laugh. I’m thankful that laughter is so often the expression our heart takes when it overflows with joy. It is such a beautiful thing. 

I’m thankful that laughter is contagious.

 I’m thankful for the power that laughter holds in making a difference, not only in our own lives and circumstances but in the lives of others as well.

I’m thankful that God gave us the ability to laugh.  It is a truly beautiful thing

Mark Twain tells about the old man who laughed loud and joyously, shaking up the details of his anatomy from head to foot. Twain ends by saying that such a laugh is money in a man's pocket, because it cut down the doctor's bills like everything. Maybe Twain knew what he was talking about.

I cherish all the giggles, the guffaws, the chortles, the snickers, the cacles, the titters and the laughter in my life.

I'm so thankful for those joyous moments in my life that give me a reason to laugh, enjoy and unwind.  Moments that shake my body with laughter and joy.  May we all share our joy with others today.  Be thankful. Be safe.  Smile and LAUGH!

'On Ya'-ma

6 comments:

jack69 said...

HEY, I am thankful I am reading and commenting on your blog. LOL it went thru today with NO PROBLEM.
As always you have a positive entry.
Cute picture from the county fair. It is such a pleasure to see the smiles on the young one's faces at NEW stuff.
Mark Twain had many good thoughts, that was one, true one.

Tonight is our night to go see the play Jonah, with being deaf, it is good to know the PLOT. LOL

Buttercup said...

Cute, cute picture. Doesn't the time fly by when we're laughing? Wishing you a terrific Thursday!

Jenny said...

The bible is full of the word'joy' and we often forget and go around with long faces. We all have much to be joyfulf for and a good laugh sets you up for the day.
Be blessed
Jenny <><

Chatty Crone said...

I agree with you there - I think laughing is curative for what ails you! sandie

TARYTERRE said...

Love that cute train and your grandson. I smile everyday but I do not laugh all that often. But hearing you talk about it, makes me want to experience it more. I used to love it when my daughters giggled as small tots. You enjoy he laughter that comes your way. Take care.

JeanJournal said...

I laugh mostly at my little dog LUCY(a 6 lb chihuahua) and SHE HATES TO GET A BATH. When I take a shower I say Lucy you want a bath and she starts scooting under what she's laying on :)~ I've read where if someone has cancer, and they watch on tv a lot of funny shows that makes them LAUGH~ that the cancer goes away.(have a HAPPY Friday! ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun