It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Chapter 8, Page 19, Book 12




R AND R SUNDAY

Start your Back to School and Fall routine now

Going back to school always meant earlier bed times and less sleeping in.  I think this is a great routine for all of us as fall and yes, even winter, approaches.

As part of our back to school routine we used to establish a schedule for homework, TV, baths, and bedtime.  Routines like these can be helpful in any walk of life.  I know I love my bedtime routines.  Rest and Relaxation are two things we can never forget to include in our busy lives.

Often we just go and go, not stopping to take a rest, not stopping to refresh and recreate ourselves.  We really do need to rest and allow our bodies, minds, and spirits to catch up with us so that they can be even stronger as we push ahead.


If you look at most any school calendar you'll see that along with school days there are also scheduled breaks in the school year too.

Someone who works hard all week to become a better banker or teacher or businessman can use the weekend days off to work on his or her abilities as a father or mother.  Someone who spends all week taking care of others can spend days off taking care of him or her self.  Someone who's working on a project can take a day off for a walk in the woods in order to clear their minds and be able to get back to the project with a clear head.  

This is why schools have such long breaks - without down time to process the knowledge, it would be lost.

It's easy to get lax during the summer months and now's the time to get back into the good habits just in time for the homework to begin.  Make those schedules and stick to your routines and you will feel rested and refreshed to do what you love to do.

This season is filled with magic and mystery, and when we spend time reflecting on the beauty around us, we are opened to a whole new world of inspiration and love. Enjoy the season and the miracles that are already here for us.

Have a great Sunday filled with lots of rest and relaxation.  Make it a habit.

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

jack69 said...

I Love it when you find good in every season. What is good about it, is that you find the truth.

Love from NH
Have a great day

Hollie said...

Routines are very helpful!! I'm looking forward to cooler days in order to take a few walks in the woods. Right now it's still too hot, & I'm afraid I might run into a snake!! YIKES, I do not like snakes!

Chatty Crone said...

I love your thoughts here - never thought about why they have summers that are so long - to absorb the information - I would love year round school! lol sandie

TARYTERRE said...

I'm not a routines sort of gal. Neither is my husband big on routines. We kind of just do our thing, more spontaneous. We've been that way since our daughters grew up and left the nest. But I understand having structure in your life. It can be very important. take care.

JeanJournal said...

Hey ma~my best habit is reading your blog first each day~GOOD WORDS TODAY! as usual ~Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun)I look up the lyrics to hymns when I need a change of attitude(and softly singing them 'to the Lord' is mighty sweet~~bringing His presence to me! and also brings healing & hope & love to 'continue on ~~ to what the Lord would have me do(instead of my rushing on and accomplishing very little(I also take a few breaks through the day and just read God's Word~and receive His help! THROUGH IT ALL is a favourite hymn of mine~Our pastor said "I go about my work 'praying' and my thought was 'so do I'(I wish you were on Pinterest! & Twitter & Facebook ~ (also ALL COMMENTERS! Jean Lewis