It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Chapter 8, Page 16, Book 12



Get down on your knees and thank God  you're still on your feet. 
Irish Proverb

THANKFUL Thursday!


I am still on my feet today!  What a blessing.  Every day is a gift and I am thankful for each one them.

I've had a few busy days this past week and they have been filled with lots of family times.  Living alone as I do, these times mean more to me than I can say.

There have been weeks on end when I'm here alone and I am thankful that I can do that.  Although I love the company, it means a lot that I can pretty much take care of myself and my home.  With the dear Lord's help, everyday is a good one.


Gratitude is our most direct line to God  and the angels. If we take the time, no matter how crazy and troubled we feel, we can find something to be thankful for. The more we seek gratitude, the more reason the angels will give us for gratitude and joy. 

Terry Lynn Taylor


Today I pray for you
A heart free of sadness
A mind free of worries
A life full of gladness
a body free of illness
And a spirit full of God’s blessings.

Good Morning !

Have a great Thursday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Thanks ...i needed this post...things have been hectic in my life these last few days...i needed a reminded to be grateful for my blessings....
Enjoy

Chatty Crone said...

I thank you for your prayers! sandie

Kath said...

I pray for you the same Ma.I have needed prayers today,for my breathing problem,but the last two hours,have been much better...GOD IS GOOD....I am so grateful for small mercy's.Have a lovely day Ma.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Sr. Ann Marie said...

Love these prayers! I can understand the gratitude for being able to be independent!

TARYTERRE said...

Love the angels. They watch over us in so many ways. Glad you have time with your family. I am alone quite a bit too. With my hubby working again. It gets lonely. But I'm grateful for the roof over my head and the food in my fridge. Take care.

jack69 said...

Just to let you know, In the rain and tough outdoors, I thought about this positive blog and many of the quotes you have dropped my way. Thanks.
Love from NH
PS
Thanks for the prayers also,

JeanJournal said...

I'm at home~was at my daughters for a week~sooo glad to be 'home' and that my grandaughter is out of the hospital(fell asleep driving) She is precious to me and her mom~ALWAYS am encouraged by your daily blog Ma ~ Jean(Rome Georgia Girl living in Calhoun