It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Chapter 8, Page 15, Book 12



The Mighty One has done great things for me...

WONDERFUL Wednesday!

My oldest son was a premie and had to stay in an incubator for a couple of weeks after he was born and during that time I went back and forth every day to be with him in the hospital.  Truthfully, I really didn't want to go home at all, but they wouldn't let me stay.  During that time I met some wonderful ladies who volunteered their time just to come in the nursery and rock babies.  I said to myself.  What a great retirement job that would be.  When I retire, I want to rock babies.

Little did I know that when I retired, there would be plenty of babies to rock.  My first week of retirement I traveled to my youngest son's house to care for our little Lucky guy while his mom went back to work.  Seven months later one of my other sons had a little boy and I got to watch him too.  Now my daughter has a son and I'm caring for him part time while she has gone back to work.  Just 2 days a week.  

I am blessed because there is no sweeter feeling in the world to me than to hold and rock a tiny baby.  They grow so fast and don't stay little long at all.  By the time they are a year old they already don't want to be held so much.  Maybe when it's sleepy time or when they aren't feeling good but otherwise they are full of energy and don't like to sit still so long at all.  

That is what I'm doing today.  Rocking a baby.  It's going to be a WONDERFUL Wednesday

Hope your day is a wonderful one too.


On Ya'-ma

7 comments:

~mel said...

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait 'til tomorrow
For babies grow up we have learned to our sorrow
So quiet down cobwebs
And dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby
And babies don't keep.

peggy said...

Your post this morning almost would fit my life also. One of my friends said to me "How many generations are you going to raise" and I said "Not nearly enough". They are so lucky to have you.

jack69 said...

It is GREAT to have a rocking Grandma. I don't remember mine much, I was the last of the kids.
Well I will be off for a few days. I am off to the woods. Sherry just asked if it was still raining? I didn't know it had been. OUCH. it has stopped for now. So I guess I had better get to walking.
Love from cold wet New Hampshire.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Rock On...!!..:)
Enjoy

Chatty Crone said...

I KNOW you will enjoy that baby! I wish I could hold a baby again.
Sorry I am so late, but I think my internet is fixed now. sandie

TARYTERRE said...

SAVOR these precious moments with that dear sweet baby. Take care.

Kath said...

Blogger wouldn't let me in to comment yesterday ma,so here I am today.Nothing nicer than th ejob you have encountered since your retirement.One I just adore doing.I too am hoping come September to be rocking a new born Grandchild.Wonderful picture above.Take Care God Bless Kath xx