It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Chapter 8, Page 14, Book 12



I have become my own version of an optimist. If I can't make it through one door, I'll go through another door--or I'll make a door. Something terrific will come no matter how dark the present

Joan Rivers

TERRIFIC 2's Tuesday!

Being an optimist does not mean that you are out of touch with reality, ignoring difficulties and obstacles and behaving in a naive way

Being an optimist means that you hope and expect events and  plans to turn out well and that you look with a smile on the future.



An optimist sees and opportunity in every calamity; a pessimist sees a calamity in every opportunity

Winston Churchill

There are many things that make us feel good.  There is comfort food, and comfortable clothing.  I always feel better and am more positive when I'm comfortable.   If I'm going to have a busy day, I know that the clothing I wear will make it easier to get my work done.  I never have been a jean person.  I wear them, but very often if I want comfort, I'll put on sweat pants instead.  I've noticed that on dark dreary days I'll wear something bright and on hot sunny days I'll put on something like a light blue or some other pastel color.  

Optimism is a style of thinking, not a permanent part of your character. So, just like you can change the style of clothes you wear, you can learn to change your style of thinking.

That is my 2 for this Tuesday:  keeping comfortable and positive thinking.

(The pictures today are of 2 Ohio barns we spotted when we were out this past weekend.  Even though there were a lot of dark clouds around, the sun was peeping out too.)

Hope you all have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

peggy said...

The Joan Rivers quote is perfect, if ever there was an optimist, she has been one.

I often don't thank you for reminding us to pray for our troops. It is good to see that on your posts.

jack69 said...

Always a pleasure to visit here. I appreciate the gems of knowledge you drop. Yours as well as the quotes. Today this is worth a million:

An optimist sees and opportunity in every calamity; a pessimist sees a calamity in every opportunity

Winston Churchill

Now, love from New Hampshire.

TARYTERRE said...

I have a tendency to look at the cup as being half empty, instead of full. BAD luck runs in our family. But my hubby is full of optimism. I used to be dressed to the nines in my younger days and it felt good. Nowadays, though I wear jeans. The traditional blue or ones in various colors if I can find them with an assortment of blouses and shirts. Makes me comfortable, for sure. LOVING that rainbow over the barn in the first photo. Take care.

Kath said...

I couldn't get to comment last evening Ma,Blogger would just not publish.I am optimistic it is going to accept this one today,and start the day as I aim to go on.Just like your posting says.I hope yoyr Wednesday is a good one.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Chatty Crone said...

I am working on being one all the time - I am some of the time - I hope over 50%!!!!!!!! lol
sandie