It takes hands to build a house, but only hearts can build a home.

Author Unknown

Friday, July 06, 2012

Chapter 7, Page 6, Book 12




Only Robinson Crusoe had everything done by Friday.  

Author Unknown


FANTASTIC Friday!


We made it to July - We'll make it until January !

As we celebrate summer and the joys of what it brings, it is very hard to believe that more than half the year is over already.  I'm thinking that this Friday we should celebrate making it through this far.  So far I'm doing ok.  Most of the time it is better than just ok, it is FANTASTIC.

It seems that yesterday we were celebrating New Years and already half the year is gone.  It's time for a reality check to see just how well we've done on our New Years resolutions and the goals we set for ourselves.  



It's scary at times, because there is so much I want to do, but only so many hours in the day.

If you aren’t even close to where you expected to be or if you haven’t done much it’s probably because you’re fighting that losing battle with procrastination

Procrastination.
We’ve all suffered from it.
It’s a word that makes most people silently cringe inside, and shrivel up, often with a sense of guilt attached to it.

Since we are halfway through the year, I think now is a good a time as any for me to look at the goals I set myself at the beginning of the year and see what has, or more realistically, what has not (lol) been achieved.....

Here are some tips on how to hold your own self accountable to keeping them.

Keep some type of chart. You need to be able to check-in with yourself in some way

Tell other people what you are doing. At the very least, tell your family about the resolutions that you're trying to keep. When you tell others what you are doing, they will continuously ask you how it's going and you will be more inclined to hold yourself accountable.

Remember:  Until you deal with it, you’re going to continue to deal with it.



We may be working hard towards some of our goals, but others may not be getting much of a look in. So today it's a good idea to spend some time and review what has worked and what hasn't. And perhaps just as importantly - why or why not.  Can't wait to see what the next six months bring. Hopefully I'll transform the status of my currently failed goals and achieve some new ones too.

Have a FANTASTIC Friday everyone!

'On Ya'-ma

5 comments:

That corgi :) said...

Wow, it is amazing how fast this year is going, Ma, indeed!! I like your accountability you listed here for us who made goals, to see if we are where we are at with them with the year being more than halfway over. The days do seem to fly by so fast that it is hard to keep on track of those goals, so thanks for the reminder. I think I'll be doing some thinking this weekend about where I need to fine tune the rest of this year :)

have a great weekend!

betty

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Have a great weekend...!!

TARYTERRE said...

I never make resolutions. They are too hard to keep. So I make lists instead. Every night on a post it pad I write down what needs to get done the next day. Sometimes I get them done, other times I don't. I've learned not to sweat the small stuff. Life is too short. Just like this year flying by. LOL Take care.

jack69 said...

Good advice, yes we all procrastinate some, but it seems some folk make a science of it.
The advice could help, if followed 'today'.
Good read.....

Chatty Crone said...

I think my problem is that with the kids home I am so busy I don't even have time to think and I am starting to feel overwhelmed a bit. I need to relax and procrastinate. lol sandie